Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our anniversary part 2

I honestly do not normally have so much to write about I swear. I accepted an invitation to follow someone's blog once, and they would write at least twice every day and I found it to be soooo annoying, I hope I am not that person....
This is a very busy time of year, or maybe just a very busy time. With my family visiting, Alkai being...well Alkai, and Kenai growing so fast, our anniversary, a lot of firsts, trying to catch up from 3 years of not writing.....I just feel like I have a TON to talk about. Maybe I should keep a paper journal too, so I can get all this stuff out without being blogger mcblogs a lot!
I realized I wrote about Robbie and my anniversary and I didn't even talk about what we did, all I did was talk about relationships. Typical me. So on our actual anniversary, I took my nephew, Alkai and Kenai to the zoo. It was Kenai's very first trip to the zoo, and Robbie had to work. This was sad to me :( but we had fun and almost saw the entire park. The end of the trip went south when Kenai started having one of his crying spells that lasted around the neighborhood of 45 minutes to an hour. I couldn't get in the car with him screaming, so we had to wait until he was a little better before we could leave. Boy there is nothing like a screaming baby, you want so much to help and after a while it gets so hard to stay calm. I hate that he ever has so much trouble that he has to scream, let alone the kind that wont go away. It almost always makes me want to break down right along with him, but a lot of good that would do! Then there was the lovely Seattle traffic to contend with. It is moments like those when I wonder why I live here with all this traffic, and then we get to the bridge and I look around and I rememeber. It is beautiful, it is home. Anyways, all this made us late to pick Robbie up from work. By the end of the day we were all so fussy and tired we didn't end up keeping our plans to go to Snoqualmie falls. We did go for a walk together, and we bought a bottle of wine we still haven't opened so that is something. The next day, we did go to Snoqualmie falls and we got to take our picture like usual. It is a special place for us because it was one of the first places we went together as a couple, and we had the hike from hell....another time perhaps. And we stayed at the Salish Lodge for our wedding night and our one year anniversary. We have been there for every anniversary and our wedding night, so it has become tradition. It was really nice to be able to do this, even though we were with my mom nephew Alkai and Kenai, so it wasn't romantic, we only stayed for a little bit, and everyone was tired. I am just glad we got there. I will be sad if we ever don't make it out to the falls, but if we ever move away from here it will be hard to keep with that tradition. Especially since the Salish Lodge is like $600 a night! That is too much! Someday I want to be able to stay there without even blinking an eye at the bill, along with all our spa services and meals in the restaurant. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment