Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our 3 year anniversary

Our three year anniversary was a few days ago (the 14 of July) and I almost didn't even think to write anything about it. Kind of sad, we have only been married three years and our relationship has always been on the back burner. I guess that is what happens when you start the whole thing out pregnant! If I had it to do over, I would have wanted things to go slightly different, but in the end we have the stuff many people want out of life and I couldn't even imagine my life without the people I have in it especially my children. So even though it all went on the fast track, it turned out pretty nice. I wish my husband and I had some time to spend on us, and even more so it would be nice if we ever had extra money....the truth is, for christmas birthdays and anniversaries we can't do gifts. We have been able to sometimes, but usually not. It would help us out if we were able to do nice things for eachother....and I do know money is not required for this, but when you are very busy it sure is nice to have money to spend on a gift instead of trying to find the time and energy to be creative! Plus, honestly the motivation is just not there. I think we both appreciate eachother, but the romance is gone and where does that leave you? Surviving and co-existing. Maybe when the kids are a little older things will get better, I just hope that by then it isn't too late. A relationship takes effort (it shouldn't be work) and if you don't put in the time, it will fade. What a depressing entry on a subject that should be happy! Boy I might need some St. John's Wort or something! Maybe some B12?? I bet it is sleep. Hmmm, I feel like I should say something nice or more upbeat. I think we have just hit a hard patch, it happened when Alkai was brand new too and we made it through that just fine. I am very hopeful for the future and I have to believe the worst is behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment