We took Alkai to go see TOY STORY 3 today. He had never been to a theater, and to be honest I was so nervous about taking him. He is such a spirited little guy, and is easily scared on top of that. I knew the dark and the loud would be an issue, but my nephew was in town, a movie was out that I knew he would be interested in, and it seemed like it was time to give it a shot. I spent a litte time before hand explaining it would be dark and loud, but not scary and that he would have a good time. He kept telling me he didn't like it, but we just told him it was Toy Story and he would have fun. We get to the theater, get our popcorn, and drinks and head off to the dark room....he started to get upset immediately as the previews had already begun (we couldn't possibly show up on time, let's not be silly!) Turns out this was ok, because he didn't like the previews, there was nothing famliar and it was very loud, so it was good that we missed a bunch of them. We sat close to the back just in case, and they even had booster seats. He kept saying he didn't like it, and he wasn't understanding the whole "we have to be quiet" thing. Once the movie started I could see in his eyes that he was fighting with the urge to tell me one more time that he didn't like it, and the fact that he actually did like it. That would be Alkai for you, if it's not his idea, chances are he will fight you even if he really likes it. Goofy kid. He actually started watching the movie, what a relief! I was so worried we just wasted a ton of money for nothing.
A little into it, he was getting squirmy and our soda had run out, so my husband was nice enough to take him out and get a refill for us. It was good for him to have a break, and he came back ready to watch some more. But then we noticed he had soaked through his diaper....so thankfully my husband was a good sport and took him out again, even though I think it was my turn. To keep him happy through out the whole movie we gave him 2 juice boxes (you have to understand it is really rare this kid even gets one juice box, because he get so hyper it is crazy) and then some ice cream. By the end of the movie he is kind of going a little nuts, but he stayed in his seat and was only mildly disruptive. Not too shabby! Well, the time comes to leave. I take him with me to the bathroom, where he (of course) climbs all over the gross bathroom floors crawling under doors and stalls and just laying there. "Oh Alkai" I say he says "what?" like he really doesn't know. I think his goal in life sometimes is to gross me out. So then he notices the toilet is leaking some water on the floor, so he announces at the top of his lungs to the entire slilent bathroom, "MAMA, YOU POOPED! YOU POOPED ALL OVER THE FLOOR!" oh good grief, I am sure glad I don't get embarassed that easily. We leave the bathroom, while I am trying to explain to the room in general that what he was really seeing was the water on the floor, like it really matters. We get outside and he goes over to a cigarette ash tray and puts his whole face into it. There are now ashes on his forehead and nose. Oh gross. "ALKAI!" I yell,he says "WHAT!?" "just get in the stroller". He then throws a fit, I know it isn't really his fault, it is nap time, and he has had enough sugar to make a horse go crazy. But I swear that kid sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment